Seyfarth Shaw's May 2 Webinar to Explore Strategies, Options and Approaches to Defeating or Limiting FLSA Conditional Certification
As readers of this blog know, Seyfarth Shaw is presenting a series of webinars following the publication of our book, Wage & Hour Collective and Class Litigation (Law Journal Press, 2012). The first of this series last month, “Modeling An Effective & Efficient Defense to Wage & Hour Collective and Class Actions,” was extremely well attended.
Our webinar series continues next Wednesday, May 2 at 1:00 p.m. EDT and will address one of the most important issues facing employers in wage and hour lawsuits, “Fighting to Win: Deconstructing Conditional & Class Certification.” Once again the co-authors of our book, Noah Finkel, Brett Bartlett and Andrew Paley, with Senior Editor Richard Alfred, will present on this topic. This webinar is intended only for subscribers to this blog. If you already subscribe, all you need to do to register for this webinar is to click here. If you are not yet a subscriber and would like to attend next week’s webinar, we invite you to join our Wage & Hour blog community by clicking here and then register for this webinar.
Our webinar will focus on strategies, options and approaches for defeating conditional certification or limiting the scope of a conditionally certified collective. Specifically, the topics that we will discuss include:
- Piercing the Plaintiff's Cookie-Cutter Declarations: Using Early Depositions to Defeat or Limit Conditional Certification;
- A New Arrow in the Quiver Opposing Conditional Certification -- Applying Wal-Mart v. Dukes;
- Losing the Battle, But Winning the War: Negotiating a Favorable Conditional Certification "Class" Definition, Notice and Protocols during the notice period;
- Maximizing Discovery Tools for Decertification and Preventing Ultimate Certification;
- Opposing Rule 23 Class Certification of State Law Claims in Hybrid Cases Following a Ruling on Conditional Certification of the FLSA Collective Claim.
- How the Top Three Arguments Against Ultimate Certification Are Trial, Trial, and Trial
Save the Date: The 3rd of our webinar series, “‘Winning’ the Case: The End Game,” will be held on Wednesday, June 6 , 2012 at 1 p.m. EDT. A separate announcement and registration link will be distributed for that event.